While people across the global stay at home and practice social distancing, Monaco, home to the world’s most luxurious spas, is sharing tips and techniques from its prominent wellness specialists to help keep your skin glowing and your mind refreshed during this time.
Spa Metropole by Givenchy’s therapists have shared their 5-minute technique of facial massage that is known to banish stress and rejuvenate your skin:
- Choose the right treatment to apply.
- The more nourishing and consistent the cream or moisturizer is, the longer the massage will be.
- Always massage from the inside to the outside of the face and always from bottom to top.
- For more radiance, perform Jacquet pinches, twisting the skin between thumb and forefinger to oxygenate the tissues.
Homemade mask recipe
Can’t head to your favourite spa? Not to worry, you can create the experience at home with a low-cost and effect homemade mask recipe from Victoria Baker, the spa director at Carol Joy, Fairmont Monte Carlo. The mask deeply penetrates the skin’s surface to even skin tone and immediately tighten the skin.
All you need to create the mask is:
- One egg white.
- Half freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Mix those 2 elements in a bowl and apply with a cosmetic brush, at the beginning of the process the liquid is very fluid but will dry quickly on your face. Let the mask dry for 15 minutes and rinse it with warm water.
And if you happen to make use of any of these tips, feel free to get social by tagging @visitmonaco