Former first lady Michelle Obama marked her 56th anniversary. The imposing public figure has shown us over the years how to use its influence for good and for positive changes in the world. In addition to being a former lawyer, author, and motivated activist, Michelle has always been incredibly devoted to her family; she is the heart of the obamas and an example for all of us. To celebrate the date, we've put together 10 little-known facts about Michelle Obama.
1. Her nickname is "Miche" (pronounced "Meesh") and her husband calls her "My Rock".
2. Growing up, she practiced piano so much that her family had to ask to stop.
3. She was assigned as a mentor to Barack Obama when he came to his Chicago company for a summer job.
4. Her first impression of Barack was not great; After seeing a picture of him in the law office directory, she decided he had a big nose. She declined Barack's first invitations to go out on a date, saying it would be inappropriate.
5. At breakfast, she likes fruits, eggs and bacon.
6. When she arrived at Princeton, one of the best universities in the world, she said that the tutors were not teaching French correctly.
7. At Princeton, Michelle earned a degree in sociology, and then a law degree from Harvard.
8. Michelle has Barack Obama do the dishes
9. Many of us do not know that Michelle traveled to Africa for a week to focus on youth leadership, education, health and well-being. There she visited former South African President Nelson Mandela at her home.
10. Due to her fame and popularity, Michele presented the Oscar for best film at the Oscars on February 24, 2013. In addition, on November 13, 2018, Netflix announced that it has signed a multiple production contract in which the couple will work both in front and behind the camera.