Ever since the lockdown started, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Brussels sports club L'Usine has been sharing online its workout sessions as well as valuable nutritional advice, accompanied by healthy recipes. The latest one? A delicious Bo Bun straight from Vietnam.
- sunflower oil
- 8 pre-cooked spring rolls
- fresh lemongrass, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 100 g fresh soybeans (soak for 2 minutes in boiling water then rinse to remove the bitterness)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 500 g of beef cut into thin strips (ideally beef fillet or rib eye)
- fresh herbs: mint, coriander, basil…
- 250 g fresh or dried rice vermicelli (in this case, to cook in boiling water like pasta)
- sauces: soy sauce, fish sauce (nuoc nam), 2 sugars
- optional sauces: curry, oyster sauce
Soak the rice vermicelli and black mushrooms in cool water.
Chop the onion and the 2 garlic cloves, then chop the shrimp.
Prepare the stuffing: mix the onions, garlic, shrimp, add the drained crab crumbs. Drain the black mushrooms, the rice vermicelli, chop them and combine with the other ingredients. Add the finely chopped fresh soybeans, bind with the egg.
Dip the rice leaves.
Roll the spring rolls.
Fry for 15 minutes in oil at 180°C (in a fryer or a frying pan) until the spring rolls are golden. Serve with mint, salad and sauces.