After years of an increasingly challenging relationship with the media, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have taken the most definitive action they have ever taken.
On April, 20, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex sent a letter to four UK tabloids - Daily Mail, Daily Express, The Sun and The Daily Mirror - stating that they will not work with them any more.
This indicated that their representatives will no longer respond to the newspapers for comment, they will not allow interviews, invite them to cover appointments or even keep them informed of their various activities.
The letter detailed the couple's new "media regulation policy" now that they have stopped receiving funding from the British royal family.
The Sussex said they believe that the free press is "the cornerstone of any democracy" and believe in the media's right to hold the powerful accountable and denounce the truth, but over the years have worried about just spreading gossip and trying to isolate themselves from take responsibility for what you say or print - even when you know the information is distorted or false.
The couple wrote that they witnessed people they know, as well as strangers, who "had their lives completely invaded for no good reason, other than the fact that obscene gossip increases advertising revenue."
Addressing the four newspapers directly, the couple says that it is for these reasons mentioned that they will no longer be involved with them.
The couple went on to say that their last action is not intended to avoid criticism and is not a "general policy" for the entire press: "The media has every right to report and indeed have an opinion on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, be it good or bad. But it can't be based on lies."
The change is particularly significant, as several of these newspapers are included in the press list of royal correspondents, which covers the royal family's commitments.
The Duke of Sussex has a historically difficult relationship with the media. Last year, Meghan and Harry filed a lawsuit against the Sunday Mail after they published a letter between the duchess and her estranged father, while Harry launched a lawsuit against the Sun and the Daily Mirror over allegations of them using hackers.
In a statement announcing his intention to sue the newspaper, Prince Harry accused the media of intimidating his wife and promised to protect her and their son Archie, saying it was his 'deepest fear' that history would repeat itself - referring to death of his mother, Princess Diana, in 1997.
"I lost my mother and now I see my wife being a victim of the same powerful forces," said the bold statement.