Croque-monsieur with white ham
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
- 50 g softened butter
- 4 slices of white ham
- 8 slices of croque-monsieur cheeses
- 100 g grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Butter the 8 slices of sandwich bread on one side. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of sliced bread. Place a slice of ham folded in half on 4 slices of sliced bread. Cover with the other sandwiches (non-buttered side above).
- In a bowl, mix the grated cheese with the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Divide the mixture between the croques-monsieur.
- Place on a baking sheet under the grill for 10 minutes.