Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this PREMIUM MEDIA ("we" or "us") website - premium-media.lv, lofficielbaltics.com hereinafter as the Site. By using the Site you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Privacy Notice – Protecting your privacy
1.1 Introduction - Our Commitment to You
Privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to ensure you are fully informed about your rights and how we use your data.
Our Privacy Notice will tell you how we collect and use your data to improve your experience with us. We’ll make sure we collect and store your data securely and only retain it for as long as we need to. You will always be in control of the way we use your data and communicate with you, and should you wish to make a change you will easily be able to do so, via your account (by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
1.2 Who we are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is PREMIUM MEDIA SIA of registered office address: Riga, Ieriku 15/K1.
For simplicity throughout this Notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Premium Media and its sites.
1.3 Information we collect, why we collect, and the benefit to you
There are a number of different permitted basis which allows a company to collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, if you opt to receive email newsletters from us.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our third party courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Premium Media to law enforcement authorities or to external advisers.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may use your purchase/browsing history to send you offers or when you return to our site we can identify you and offer you suggestions. We also combine the shopping history of our customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or offer new products/services.
We collect information from and about you at various times and in different ways to help us provide you with the best possible service based on our overall understanding of you, as well as to meet our obligations under the law.
We use your data to:
• manage your account with us and provide you with products and services you want
• communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
• personalise and improve your experience
• inform you of latest trends, products, services and promotions that you may like
• improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes, comply with our legal obligations and protect our business
1.4 When and where we collect and process your data
• When you create an account with us.
• When you visit any of our websites or when you contact us via the phone or email.
• When you use your account to buy products and services.
• When we fulfill your orders.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you provide your information by filling in forms on our sites.
• When you enter a prize draw or competition.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• When you have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
1.5 What sort of personal data do we collect?
• When opening an account your personal details (name, address, contact details, email address).
• When you make purchases via telephone from our Site, delivery address (if different from billing) and transaction details of the products and services purchased and offers used.
• If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Details of your purchases
• Details of your IP address, visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
• We take payment card information
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
1.6 Why do we collect this information?
• To process and fulfill your transactions with us via website and/or telephone. If we do not collect your personal data, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may be passed to a third party to deliver the product or service to you.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
• To be able to contact you to send you information about new products and promotions that may be of interest.
• To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help us improve our services to you.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you, for example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders.
1.7 What is the benefit to you?
We endeavour to provide you with the best possible customer service. To help us achieve this we gather the information you have provided us. We then use this information to offer you promotions, products and services that is most likely to interest you. The data privacy laws allows us to do this under legitimate interest to help us understand our customers to help us provide you the best service.
1.8 Sharing your data, why we need to share?
We use a number of partners to help us provide the best possible service, understand what’s important to our customers, and improve what we sell. We sometimes need to share your data in order to achieve this, but we choose our partners carefully, and seek the maximum protection possible to keep your data as safe as possible. We also insist that their data is not shared with anyone else. If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
• Examples of the partners we may share your data with are:
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems and processes.
• Operational companies who help us fulfil our obligations to you.
• For example, delivery companies, debt recovery agencies, document storage companies, fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies.
• Direct marketing companies who help us manage our communications with you.
• Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
• Analytics/Data insight companies.
• For example, to manage your data and ensure it is kept up to date; to help us better understand what you like or are interested in so we can send you personalised advertisements; to understand how you use our websites; to obtain feedback on your experience; to understand if you liked our promotions.
• Legal and enforcement bodies where we have a legal obligation or when it is necessary to protect us both.
• Our external professional advisers and insurers.
• In the event that Premium Media is involved in the transfer of any division or the whole business as a going concern to new owners, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
1.9 Where your personal data may be processed
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA such as Australia or the USA. For example, this might be required in order to provide support services.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties will state the standards they must follow at all times. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws.
1.10 How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for so long as it is necessary for the purpose for which is was collected and for us to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. We maintain retention records of how long information containing personal data will be retained for.
At the end of the respective retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we may keep the personal data you give us for at least six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If you’ve not used your account or interacted with us for more than three years, your account will be flagged as inactive will be closed and we will delete or anonymise the personal data associated with it.
1.12 Your rights
You have certain rights to control your information and the manner in which we process it. This includes:
• A right to get access to your personal information
To ask for your information please email email@example.com.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice, and, where applicable, further information to help us search for your personal information, where a specific request is received.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to make the request.
We will respond to your request within 1 month of us verifying your identity.
• A right to request us to correct inaccurate information, or update incomplete information;
Please refer to Updating Your Details section below as to how to do this.
• A right to ask that your information is erased (or restricted), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information;
• A right to withdraw your consent where you have given us your consent to process your data;
• A right to object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
• A right to object to us processing your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing;
You can withdraw any consent that you have previously given to us or to change your preferences on any automatic benefits that we action – e.g. our trade customers are automatically eligible to receive our Portfolio trade flyer in the post which is sent seasonally and contains the forthcoming promotions – however if you no longer wish to receive this information please see the ‘Updating Your Details’ section below on how to opt out.
• The Right to request that your information is transferred to another controller in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format)
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information as detailed in the Updating Your Details section.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
1.13 Contact Us
Our Privacy Notice is intended to be helpful to you in explaining why and how we collect and use your personal data and in providing you with information about your rights to control your information.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
1.14 Updating your details
If any of your personal information changes, you can update your personal details at any time by email at email@example.com with details of the changes required.
1.15 Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice in the future. We will publish any changes on our website and where appropriate, we will notify you by email.